because my life is suddenly so new zealandy
Tuesday, Feb 14
eww it’s Valentine’s day
It’s currently 21:05 (9:05pm), and today so far we:
- Breakfast at 7, then at 9, took the bus from Aukland to Rotorua, and the view was great. It was like a magical hill land We drove through the Hobbiton area! and stopped in Matamata on the way.
- Arrived at the Kiwi Paka accomodation area, and and our second session about academics. The sessions we have are basically hour long power points explaining the differences between the American way and what it’s like in New Zealand.
- Lunch, then we learned the Haka! The Haka is basically a chant/ritual that the Maori did before battle to basically get them all revved up to kill their opponents. The All Blacks (NZ Rugby team) do it before games, and we learned it today! I’ll make another post after explaining more about the Haka with a video and pictures.
- BBQ on the Blue Lake, which was beautiful! We went swimming, ate, and played many games of touch rugby, which I didn’t participate in, obviously because of my knee, and because I hate moving and all that, but it seemed so fun!
- Just got back to the accommodation, and we’re having another session on travel. And the session is in the pool. Beer included. Should be the best meeting yet hahaha
Pictures to come! just wanted to get this post out there.